Call for Abstracts
The Bioelectromagnetics Society (BEMS) and the European BioElectromagnetics Association (EBEA) are glad to announce that BioEM 2021, the premier international conference on bioelectromagnetics and the annual joint meeting will be held in Ghent, Belgium from September 26 to October 1.
Initially planned in Honolulu, Hawaii, due to the current Covid-19 situation the conference changes its location and usual format. In 2021, it will be a hybrid event with physical and online components.
The meeting is the ideal platform to share your science and get unparalleled access to a global network of active scientists in the field of bioelectromagnetics research covering mechanisms, modeling/dosimetry, biological effects, regulations and medical applications from static to THz frequencies.
We invite abstracts (in English) for platform presentations and poster sessions.
Preferential topics fall within, but are not limited to, the following categories:
- In vitro and in vivo studies
- Mechanisms of interaction
- Human studies
- Electromagnetic dosimetry and modelling
- Human body modelling and characterization
- Occupational exposure and risk assessment
- Standards and public health policy
- Biological and medical applications
- Electroporation and pulsed electric field applications
Authors wishing to present their papers are invited to submit a short summary and an extended abstract online. Instructions for authors can be found at the abstract submissions portal https://www.bioem.org/submitinstructions. The submission system is now open.
As always, we will be delighted to consider all contributions and we would like to particularly invite platform and poster submissions from students. After a break in 2020 related to the pandemic context, we will renew in 2021 traditional best student papers awards competition. Furthermore, BioEM2021 will offer travel support to a limited number of students. For details and to apply please visit www.bioem2021.org
- 1 March 2021 -- Abstract submission opens on-line
- 30 April 2021 15 May 2021 (Extended!) -- Abstract submission deadline
- 1 April 2021 -- Student support application opens
- 30 April 2021 -- Student travel support application deadline
Information for registration and other deadlines will be announced shortly.
Marnus Van Wyk, Olga Zeni, Maxim Zhadobov and Alexandre Legros
Technical Program Chairs, BioEM2021